Improving my rest.

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by RVStrike13, Nov 2, 2014.

1. RVStrike13

RVStrike13 Regular Member

Student
    Perhaps this has been posted somewhere else if so please do link. When I first arrive at the local badminton center my wrist is very strong, I hear very nice pops and my shots are very strong and fast. but after a few shots my I don't get the pop anymore and my shots start to become dull. I keep thinking that my wrist is already exhausted. Anybody else have this weird problem and also what are some ways I can train my wrist so that every shot has it, thanks in advance and I hope you guys can understand because it's pretty difficult for me to describe this haha.

2. opikbidin

opikbidin Regular Member

Student
    My advice is, don't only use your wrist, use your elbow, shoulder and body too.

3. visor

visor Regular Member

and your fingers...

4. noggin

noggin Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I've noticed in my own game that I sometimes have a tendency to let the racket move more into the palm of my hand instead of it sitting more in the fingers. When this happens I lose the 'snap' in the shot which sounds a bit like what's happening to you.

5. PinkDawg

PinkDawg Regular Member

Wrist is very hard to keep up if it's the only body part you're using to swing, especially if you want a loud pop every time. I was trained to use body rotation, elbow, wrist, shoulders, and fingers in my shot, which makes it easy to get a pop even if I lack strength generally.

6. opikbidin

opikbidin Regular Member

Student
    so maybe that's pretty much your problem, you try to use only the wrist. no wonder you tire easily.