Yonex and victor rackets

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by deon13, Oct 29, 2014.

1. deon13

deon13 Regular Member

Hi i'm Deon from Malaysia. I'm interested in knowing some of your views on a particular matter. I'm trying to purchase a new racket but am unsure what to consider at the moment. I have been using a zforce 3u for the past few years and recently a vt 80. I used to play singles but now am more of a doubles player. However, I'm finding that my game is a bit too slow for a high level of competition due to the fact that the zforce and vt80 play kind of slow. I'm already very used to their head heaviness so they dont cause me to be tired. I was wondering are there any rackets that u all would recommend that will be slightly head light compared to vt80 so that power is not that affected but play considerably faster. My game is based mainly on attack and control and I'm considered to be a heavy smasher. My level is slightly advanced, I'm a district player in Malaysia and i play with state and district players. I hope that u all will have some input into this. Thanks a lot!

2. deon13

deon13 Regular Member

was wondering bout victor bravesword rackets

3. deon13

deon13 Regular Member

Anyone has any suggestions?

4. deon13

deon13 Regular Member

free bump....

5. Gavin97

Gavin97 Regular Member

Hello, I would recommend the bs10 victor, as it is head heavy but not as much as the vt80, definitely fast and suitable to doubles!

6. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Get the 4U versions of the rackets you currently have.

7. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Maklike read my thoughts exactly...

8. visor

visor Regular Member

only problem is he probably can't buy a new vtzf or vt80 anymore since they're discontinued...

if so, i'd highly suggest 4u vtzf2

or if you want to try victor, i'm surprised maklike and teddy didn't suggest their favourite ... 4u tk9000 ;)

9. deon13

deon13 Regular Member

Any thoughts on any rackets in the bs range? Bs lhi or bs 10,11 or bs 12 krp?
    [MENTION=57143]visor[/MENTION]

10. deon13

deon13 Regular Member

Do u guys think that those bs rackets will be too much of a change in head weight compared to vt80? Thanks guys for your replies. Appreciate it

11. deon13

deon13 Regular Member

Any thoughts on any rackets in the bs range? Bs lhi or bs 10,11 or bs 12 krp?
    Do u guys think that those bs rackets will be too much of a change in head weight compared to vt80? Thanks guys for your replies. Appreciate it

12. deon13

deon13 Regular Member

Will the vtzf2 4u play much faster than a vt80?Cos the speed I need is more of the speed in drives,pushes and defense but not sacrifice so much of power in attack. Thanks

13. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

I've owned and used the following:
    3U VT80
    3U and 4U Z-Force I
    3U Z-Force II
    3U and 4U TK9000

I've found the Z-Force II is slightly more maneuverable than both the VT80 and Z-Force I (due to smaller head and slimmer shaft), but yet packs the same "punch". In this respect, the TK9000 behaves much like the Z-Force II. I prefer the 3U over the 4U.

Therefore I would suggest 3U Z-Force II or 3U TK9000. However, as some have suggested, you may find the 4U suits better. But seriously, I'm not the only one who prefers 3U-weighted rackets - one player in my club (who's about 50-55 years old) tried my 4U TK9000 and immediately said it was too light! He's not like a fitness freak either, just a "regular" looking bloke hehe.

14. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Theory will tell you that the lighter 4U should be better with drives, pushes, defense, but you can only discover the truth in practice. And what's true for you isn't necessarily so to someone else. I personally find the 3U much easier to generate power while maintaining the same speed etc.

15. deon13

deon13 Regular Member

Thanks for replying. Then what difference do u experience comparing your 4u and 3u tk9000?other than the power that is. How do they compare for example at the front court and defense? The reason why I'm reluctant to get a new voltric is because where I play, we really use lots of fast drives and block and pushes. So I've found that although I don't have any problems handling a vt80 and vtzf, they're just too slow when it comes to a flat fast paced game. I've also found that I lose more points in the fast flat exchanges where the voltric is just not quick enough and I've found myself on defense most of the time.

16. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>

OP seems bent on the BS series... poles apart frm the VTs.

17. Mendell

Mendell Regular Member

You can take a look at the BS range, but most of them have been discontinued. You might want to take a look at the Nanoray range from Yonex.
    [MENTION=57143]visor[/MENTION]: vt80 discontinued?

18. visor

visor Regular Member

The BS series are very fast but won't have enough sting for your purposes, esp if you're used to head heavy rackets. Instead get the 4u vtzf2, 4u TK9000, or have a look at the MX series... although MXJJS is dc'd and MX90 is too flexy.

19. visor

visor Regular Member

Hmmm... perhaps not, haven't really paid attention... only the vtzf.

20. deon13

deon13 Regular Member

I have access to all the bs range tho even bs 12 krp. Is the tk9000 4 u notably faster than a vt80?