Badminton Racket from Thailand (Bangkok)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by charlie_lee, Oct 21, 2014.

1. charlie_lee

charlie_lee Regular Member

Hello everyone,

As some of you may know racket price in Thailand is one of the cheapest among SEA region.

With this in mind, does anyone know any online badminton store based in Thailand that offers competitive price and shipping in SEA region?

Thanks!

2. nuugut

nuugut Regular Member

3. charlie_lee

Thanks for the reply, price is better than what was being offered though, do you happen to have other website to recommend me?

It seems like they do not mention whether they provide international shipping but I have already contacted them regarding this matter.

Thanks again :)

4. Himari

Himari Regular Member

IT
    I have good experiences with rackets purchased directly from Thailand, they are at reasonable prices and quality is good enough

However, those are all from retailers/friends who had to travel to Thailand in order to buy them, does anyone know a trusted (online) store that ship globally?

Aside www.mrc-sports,com, I read somewhere in BC that sportgallerys.com also is famous over there

Thanks

5. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

I only trusted 2 online shopping for badminton, mrc-sports & sportgallerys. They are very trustworthy in delivering what you purchased. They also replied your email in english & within 24 hours too. Mrc-sports offers slightly cheaper price for rackets & shoes (maybe about $1-2 cheaper than sportgallerys). However, sportgallerys offer more variety of products. I'm not sure if they ship internationally though. Whenever i visit Bangkok, just check their website, fill up my basket, transfer the money through bank, and within 48 hours of working days... goods will arrive in your doorstep!

6. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Oh..and there's is one too... (in case you come across by reference) www.mongkolpradit.com/

Reviews:
    1. Their customer supports is #1 the WORST ever!

2. They seems to apply Double Standard pricing (cheaper for Thais, more expensive for foreigner).

3. Do NOT bother asking them by email nor phone. I asked my Thai wife to call them to ask for specific product, and the answer wasn't friendly nor helpful! Basically what they demand is "transfer money first, contact later or never!"

4. Never done business with them, but if you do and you get some broken product/no product at all, then just know that it is expected!

5. Their product isn't much, but at some point, their price could be the cheapest across Thailand (NOT if you are foreigner).

7. charlie_lee

Thanks so much for all your replies, it's been REALLY helpful ! :)

I would definitely e-mail them and ask for confirmation/pricing for international shippping.

That said, any further entries are more than welcomed.

8. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    Pay shipping, risk import taxes, wait a couple weeks to get your gear, no warranty, pay shipping to return products if broken/not right size, save 30$, totally worth it ;)

9. charlie_lee

Thank you so much for your constructive comment, exactly what I was looking for.

Just for your information, the model I am looking for is not available in where I am living right now, and what I am purchasing is a racket which I had done extensive research on and decided that it suits me very well.

But why bother explaining to someone that is too lazy to read or even give a reply that is actually relevant to the thread? ;)

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    To be fair, you only stated price as the main factor in your first post. I also thought it quite odd to order from Thailand purely for price if your own location has in Malaysia

11. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Agreed. Racket prices in Malaysia (eg KL, JB) are as competitive as Thailand (Bangkok) imho. And you do not need to incur shipping charges and import taxes as yan v mentioned.

This applies to Yonex rackets as well. I compared the prices of the Yonex top models in Bangkok (TH code), Taipei (TW code), Hong Kong and Kuala Lumpur/Johor Bahru (SP codes) recently. The price difference between TH and SP codes was approx USD16. TH and TW prices locally were similar.

ps. prices of Yonex SP code rackets in Singapore cost approx USD40 more than Malaysia and Hong Kong. (For certain models it would be cheaper to order from sunriseclick.com during sales) But you need not believe me :D

12. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. I actually meant to post this in a more humorous way.

A lot of people are desperate to get the cheapest rackets ever and end up with quite a bad deal in the end if you consider everything they are losing vs the money they are saving.

Although ordering from another country because the product you want is not available where you live is totally valid. That information was not yet stated by you at the time of my post! I've actually ordered unavailable products from other countries many times and I will keep doing it .

13. Halcyon.Days

Halcyon.Days Regular Member

What model are you looking for exactly? Shipping from MrC and SportGallerys isn't that cheap, unless you are picking up the items within Thailand. Have you looked at the few popular online badminton stores based in Malaysia? There are a few on Facebook.

14. charlie_lee

Of course price is always going to be a factor but in this case it is only a very minor one, I have found out that China market actually has the model that I am looking for but I am just looking for a cheaper alternative/for comparison purpose, that's all.

Agreed, I have recently found out one store that sells Yonex (any brand really) racket at a REALLY competitive price and I have personally drove over there (1 hour drive) to check it out and it is true, however, the model I am looking for is not available there, or in Malaysia for that matter.

And believe me, I have ordered from sunriseclick.com before. :)

I have searched through many online/physical stores, even called them personally to enquire them, at some point some store even contacted their distributor in Malaysia and all of them gave me the same answer, "I am sorry but we don't import that racket in Malaysia".

I am looking for Gosen Ryoga Series (3rd Gen).

15. Himari

Himari Regular Member

IT
  16. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Why not save more money, travel to Thailand (think of it as christmas trip with family/gf/bf), while at the same time visit the shop directly, and buy all that you can buy! Pack 'em in an extra large hardcase, throw into baggage, and get them when you arrive in your home country! Problem with international shipping is more additional cost, while risk of losing/breaking the package might incur as well. Not to say if your package does not pass the port and must be returned back!

About the price, if you intend to ship internationally, then YES, it will be more expensive than you buy the same racket in Malaysia. So, better buy in Malaysia, or travel to Singapore and buy there. But in general, Taiwan & Thailand offer cheaper prices for racket...even cheaper than Yonex in Indonesia.

17. shadowofevil

shadowofevil Regular Member

Engineer
    Just enquiry mr.c , their international shipping back to malaysia TB1000.... not worth it to be honest.... but the pricing of racket itself...yes tempting...very tempting..

18. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Woow...THB1000 for shipping? In that case, you'd better buy at least half dozen of rackets.

19. shadowofevil

shadowofevil Regular Member

Engineer
    Yea..... even bought racket from.sosa the shipping cost is way lower than TB1000.... they said TB1000 for ONE racket.....

20. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector