Badminton Intensive Training Program/School (Asia)

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Enthusiastic, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Enthusiastic

Enthusiastic Regular Member

IT (Business Consultant)
    Does anyone knows any badminton training school or facilities just like SCICBeijing(
    http://www.scicbeijing.com/sports/sports.asp?id=126) in Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand or China.

Basically, I am looking for a stay-in intensive training program just like what is stated in SCICBeijing. Something like a boot-camp training which will help to enjoy the learning and train harder.

Rather then spending holidays roaming around different places, I would like to enjoy the sport and the training.... :)

Thanks for any feedback.

2. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

In Thailand, Bangkok, there is Banthongyod Badminton School (you can google it). They offer standard program (evening session for skills development), or full training course (morning 9-11, evening 3-5) for physical and skill development. Cost about $800 per month (excluding meal, and accomodation) ... it's a home training facility for Ratchanok (World Champ 2013) and Carolina Marin (World Champ 2024) was training intensively here before she won the medal! And probably that's why the fee is pretty high.

In Indonesia, there is Taufik Hidayat Arena (google it), also offer similar program course but the rate is different (also offer stay-in student for foreigners)! You'll get occasional chance of meeting Taufik Hidayat there as he currently one of the CEO and coach there....

In Malaysia, & Singapore...i have no idea yet. Googd luck!

3. Enthusiastic

Enthusiastic Regular Member

IT (Business Consultant)
    Thanks pal. This really helps....

4. raymond

raymond Regular Member

Top Secret
    But don't you need to speak their language also? Or do they speak functional "universal" language - English?

5. fries

fries Regular Member

Student
    Also would you need to be a certain skill level to keep up with their training? or do they just accept all?

6. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    From my experience they accept all. Should not be a problem as their centres normally have a broad range of player levels as well. How high level u want to join is by choice and your ability to keep up.

Functional English but there are usually some players n coaches with pretty ok English within these groups

Cheers.

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    when you refer to 'their centres' is there more than one? Or referring to centres in general?

Do you know of any others, perhaps in malaysia, who do training programs like the Thai one for aspiring professional?

8. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    I'm referring to most 'training club/set ups' around Malaysia. Not been to the Thai one but these set ups modus operandi varies little. They train various ages and levels and intensity. The exceptions are national training centres such as BAM.

Yes there are quite a few in malaysia. Most famous is Nusa Mahsuri though not as high profile as before.

Accross Malaysia u will find numerous set ups providing coaching / training sessions multiple days in the week.

Most of these coaches/set ups have players whom have been absorbed into the national sports dev Programs or national team / back up squad.

I have in the past arranged for players to train in smaller 'centres' here. Have been quite a while since I was involved.

Cheers