How to get back in shape quick?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by katy1997, Sep 8, 2014.

1. katy1997

katy1997 Regular Member

Hey guys ,I'd recently taken a break from badminton and any training at all (one mount) . I was on a holiday with my family and couldn't play ;( . So now I'm back in town and I've started training again, but I feel a HUGE discomfort while playing - my legs move very slow, my feet are always tangling ( it's like I'm going to stumble over them any moment), I can't do almost any shots properly and at the end of practice I feel very frustrated and angry.
    I really really really want to play the way I used to play. Today I was so pissed off that I just wanted to stop playing and leave. I've been training for 3 years and this is happening for the first time to me. I want to ask for some tips on getting back in shape(btw this really has to happen fast ,because I have school tournaments coming up!) and how long do YOU usually get back in shape :) ? Thank you.

2. antonr

antonr Regular Member

IT
    from my experience of stopping sports and then taking them back up, it will come back really quickly just by sticking with it for a few weeks. the shots will come back but you just need to keep practicing them, sometimes I think it's about as much as re-training your concentration as it is training your body.

do some exercise and you feel better too.

3. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    From my on and off running I'd say don't rush it. You'll just have to take the hit or you'll risk injury.

Find someone to run drills with?

4. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    3 years training. One month off. Could not make shots you can do easily before. Feel very uncomfortable and out of shape. It doesn't add up and doesn't make sense. You are still in school mean you are young. It defies logic. Go see a doctor.

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it depends if you are talking about skills or fitness.

skills, it is mostly mental and muscle memory. do some drills, and you will get the touch back.

fitness, if you have been maintaining fitness training at always at tip-top shape, for every week that you take off, expect 2 weeks of fitness training to gain it back.

6. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    One month off doesn't affect that much if you are under 25 and physicaly active.

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Skipping, footwork exercises.