Li-Ning N90-III vs N55-III

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Pranay, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Pranay

Pranay New Member

Student
    Hey Guys,

I am planning on getting one of these two rackets but I'm not sure which one to get. I play men's doubles mostly at the back and my game is based on fast drops and the occasional smash setting up my partner for an easy kill. My current go-to is a 3U Victor MXJJS. Both N90III and N55-III are at the same price for now. Can you help me make a decision?

Thanks in advance :)

2. Limited328

Limited328 Regular Member

I prefer N55-III, as it's not as head heavy. It much more maneuverable as a double racket. Did I mention that it looks better!?

3. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    are you sure it is not as head heavy? it is the head heaviest model in the 3rd gen with bo higher than 308mm anytime. n90iii is not even head heavy...they are even balance!

4. Limited328

Limited328 Regular Member

Maybe i'm used to playing with the N55 model of different generations. When i play with the N90 III is felt more head heavy to me or maybe i'm just imagining things. Despite my imaginations, I know that I definitely like the N55 III more though.

5. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    n90iii is way faster than n55iii despite being heavy overall compared to n55iii which is only heavy at the head.

6. sFrog

sFrog Regular Member

Maybe N50 is mixed up with N55 ;) I myself was surprised how less head heavy the N90III actually is.

Everyone generates power differently. Trial and error.

7. Pranay

Pranay New Member

Student
    I think i'll be going with the N55-III. The N90-III didn't feel as head heavy or as stiff as i hoped it would be but it is really quick. A bit whippy maybe. The N55-III moved better in the air for me and produced the better smash as well. Might get two now. I have to agree with Limited328; the purple/gold colour scheme is definitely better imo. Thanks again guys.

8. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

The N55-III is not a head heavy racket, but performs very well as allrounder. Although the N90-III should be a offensive racket, the flexible shaft did not work for me to perform powerfull smashes. I the smashes were powerfull enough, I was ready to trade in some speed and accuracy, but it was not the case. It was easier to use the full potential of the N55-III compared to the N90-III.

9. george007

george007 Regular Member

Yep the N90iii doesn't feel head heavy had medium flex and a fast racket with good control

10. george007

george007 Regular Member

But I used to play with BS lyd before after using it I feel an excellent comfort wid the racket but seems dont have power but good in all aspects and superb control and a nice sound strund with bg65 at 26/24

11. adrian siswanto

adrian siswanto Regular Member

The n55 iii has 2 colors. The purple/gold one is more heady heavy and very hard to tame. I can handle superwaves 35, n90 1st gen, mx80 3u, and even a z force 1 and zf ii. And all i can say is the purple n55-iii is harder to tame, harder to maneuver. But when my jump smash happens, it is more powerful than all of the rackets ive mentioned above. This racket is very head heavy, very.

Simeon, Twbb and dave010 like this.
  12. 7un4tran

7un4tran Regular Member

Mechanical Drafter
    Hi Adrian, you said N55III Purple is harder to tame and head heavier than the silver one? I have the silver one and my buddy has the purple. I do agree with purple being head heavier. I also noticed the purple was more flexible than the silver one. Mine has a BP of 311mm and my buddy's was 317mm. I was thinking of getting an N90 1st gen since Ive been searching for a replacement for the Yonex Armortec 700 Limited for a while. My N55III came as close as I could find but is the N90 1st head heavier you think? Thanks

13. Johnth

Johnth New Member

Anyone tried li ning N-36? Big diffrent from N55III