victor mx90 or bs 12?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by monkeyfool15, Jun 11, 2014.

1. monkeyfool15

monkeyfool15 New Member

I would say Im intermediate/advance player.
    I both both singles and doubles (singles for tournaments/high performance classes at my badminton center, and doubles for my school team).
    Im new to victor rackets and these 2 rackets stuck out for me.
    In doubles im a hard hitter at the back and i like to be quick in the front and i love to just kill it when i have the chance. In singles i like to wait for my opponent to make mistakes, my net play is decent but my shots are strong and decently accurate.
    I'm not sure how head heavy mx90 is, so which 1 is better suited for my play style?

2. adamm

adamm New Member

mx90 is a very good racket. It's the kind of racket that is very easy to use, and still gives a lot of power and control. It's got a very good balance and stiffness for defense and offense. bs12 I've got much less experience with, but for my preference it's not as ideal.

I would say for doubles you may very well prefer the mx90. I believe it to be the racket that would facilitate your harder hitting, and killing shouldn't be an issue dependent upon a racket.

They're both very good rackets, and you may prefer the bs12, but I would say that the mx90 is the racket I would recommend as a blanket statement to everyone.

3. spyweb

spyweb Regular Member

For me it is still 2 different rackets. Both have their own characteristics. BS12 is fast, responsive but not as head heavy as the MX90. You may find your playing style more faster especially in defends (return smashes). Just my opinion.

4. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Sounds like a pro. :eek::rolleyes:Regardless of which racket, you are the king. ;)

Just trolling

5. visor

visor Regular Member

If you're really that good, BS12 would not be right for you, as you'll easily overpower the flexy shaft.

6. yin shi

yin shi New Member

go get mx90.

7. ToiYeuCauLong

ToiYeuCauLong Regular Member

i have gotten the enlightenment from this thread that the following players are actually not 'that good' after all:
    - Sung Ji Hyun
    - Yoo Yeon Seong
    - Lee Yong Dae
    - Ko Sung Hyun
    - Tontowi Ahmad
    - Kim Ha Na
    - Jung Kyung Eun
    - Lee Sheng Mu
    - Jang Ye Na

Perhaps you can start with what rackets are you playing with comfortably now. If you want speed and ease of use, gotta be BS12. If you want more solidness, control, feel and accuracy, MX90. Both are good for doubles. MX90 slightly more suited for singles than BS12 in my opinion due to solidness and control. But that is just me, there are top pros playing singles with BS12 which i can't exactly fathom but they are pros. Power wise depends on the your playing and swing style. Not trying to deviate too much from your current go to racket.

Speed: BS12 > MX90
    Defense: BS12 > MX90
    Ease of use [Less demanding]: BS12 > MX90
    Control: MX90 > BS12
    Feel: MX90 > BS12
    Flex [Most solid]: MX90 > BS12
    Head heaviness [Most head heavy]: MX90 > BS12

8. visor

visor Regular Member

Lol... You think those "not that good" pros actually used regular BS12 that you and I can buy off the shelf? ;)

9. amleto

amleto Regular Member

yes... Paul stewart confirmed that not many KRP rackets at all were seen when he was stringing...