Feeling the shuttle and wrist control

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by kbase, Apr 15, 2014.

1. kbase

kbase Regular Member

How to feel the shuttle while hitting ? I want to control and exactly know that it will land in the particular spot while hitting. How to train the wrist and thereby feel the shuttle ?

2. MSeeley

MSeeley Regular Member

Professional
    You simply need to use the correct grip, take the shuttle nice and early, use pronation for overheads (see other threads/videos~) - i.e. get the correct technique... and practice lots and lots! There is no secret. Just get your friends to lift lots of shuttle to you so that you can hit the shot many many times. If you can hit 1,000 shots with the correct technique, then you will be hitting very nicely. If you hit 10,000 shots with the correct technique, then your technique will be perfect! Its just a case of practice!

I suggest, if you are trying to learn overhead shots (drops, smashes etc), that you exclusively practice fast drop shots or half smashes - this will build technique for all other shots!

Good luck!

arsh likes this.
  3. kbase

kbase Regular Member

Thanks for the reply. I am practicing lot of tosses and I can feel the shuttle in some tosses and as the result, the toss of the shuttle is very good and it indicates that for fewer shots, I am hitting it correctly. Also I am practicing half smashes to improve my smash and able to hit few smashes correctly. In due course, I will try fast drops and let me see.

I am using handshake grip if I play singles and trying to shift between backhand and forehand grip.

4. visor

visor Regular Member

For better feel and control, you need higher tension and thinner strings. Like BG66UM @26lbs or more.

And learn how to do brush and push shots, which increase contact time of the shuttle skirt on the stringbed.

These 2 things will give you better feel and control.

#4 visor, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  5. khoai

khoai Regular Member

[video=youtube;s8Ckrik4qKM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8Ckrik4qKM[/video]