Nanogy 95 on Nanospeed 100 tension

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by ridiculousradis, Mar 5, 2014.

1. ridiculousradis

ridiculousradis New Member

Hi guys. I've been playing badminton regularly for over a year now and slowly moved from beginner to not-so-much-a-beginner with my Yonex Nanospeed 100. I want to restring it with Nanogy 95. The permitted tension for my racquet is 8,5-10,5 kg (19-23 lbs) and my plan was to have it strung at 9 kg (20 lbs) to give me more power because I find it hard to reach the back of the court in cross-court clears. Nanospeed 100 is head-light and I'm not really sure what the stock tension is/was (I'm restringing for the first time). Do you think this tension is ok or should I go for a higher one?

2. Deity

Deity Regular Member

Do the max tension or even 25 lbs. i strung mine @ 25 lbs. with bg80 before and it held up pretty good.

3. ridiculousradis

Frankly, I wouldn't go over the maximum. Too afraid to damage the racquet. A friend of mine had his Tronex strung above the maximum and two weeks later the head bent by like 20°.
    So you're saying that stringing my Nanospeed 100 at 23 lbs will give me more power than if I strung it at 20? I tend to miss the sweet spot quite a lot, so I'm pretty sure I will need the extra repulsion and I've read that you get that by sticking to the lower end of the range.

4. ridiculousradis

Just to let you know, I finally did 21 lbs (9,5 kg) and it feels great. The control and feel of the shuttlecock is great and I'm definitely getting the support from repulsion. No trouble reaching the back of the court now ;)

5. Belgian

Belgian Regular Member

student
    Do you use plastic or feather shuttles (or both)?

6. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Already did this with two Nanospeed 100s 25 lbs won't damage. Unless your stringer is not that good..