Seen this Yonex before?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by R20190, May 11, 2013.

1. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    As some of you know I've been collecting yonex badminton racquets for some time now and have amassed a bit of a collection. This is my latest purchase which I've never seen before so thought I'd share it and see if you guys have seen it before. It's not in immaculate condition but its pretty good for the age.

First thing I noticed with this racquet is how slim the shaft is. It's the thinnest of any badminton racquet I've seen. With digital calipers it measures 6.08mm in diameter! Just for comparison, I've posted a photo of it against one of the thinnest around - the Z-Slash (which measures 7.1mm in diameter).

Enjoy! :)

Yonex BE-110

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

Yes. I've seen this one before, but because it was not a top model, I did not pay too much attention to it and never played with it also. Great find! Should measure it against the Voltric Z-Slash for the shaft diameter and the Isometric 10 slim for the frame to compare the 'smallness'

3. kcl31

kcl31 Regular Member

Just got this racket and restrung it. It was carrying identical strings with R20190's photo.

R20190: Did you sell your racket on ebay?:D

4. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Erm... no, but now I'm worried... may be my wife is putting my racquet collection on eBay! LOL

5. kcl31

kcl31 Regular Member

Er...Hope you are not familiar with the serial...:p

DSC05829s.jpg

DSC05831s.jpg

6. holigood

holigood New Member

Yeah, that BE 110 was my favourite racket back in the late 80's. The shaft is so thin because it is steel while the head is carbon. Once the paint chipped, it started to corrode even.

It was promoted as a purely offensive racket at the time – the wild one so to say – Most rackets then where even balanced and more mellowish.

Loved it!

7. kcl31

kcl31 Regular Member

Yes, it is very solid racket. Although not as stiff as today's offensive rackets, it is very stable is both attacking and defensing. Amazing racket!