Current training regime

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Cheung, Mar 21, 2017.

1. UkPlayer

UkPlayer Regular Member

Academic
    I do find the warmup makes a difference to how my evening goes.

Maybe the weight training and boxing paying off also?

speCulatius likes this.
  2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I have been doing weight training and Muay Thai/boxing for a while. Also the movement and agility classes since end of last year. However, last week apart from the improvement in badminton, my gym work also improved quite significantly …so much so the trainer asked me if I ever considered entering Hyrox.

It was quite puzzling until I realised I have also been doing another health related intervention in the past ten days. Ten days ago, I decided to try and lose a few kilos in weight. I use the data from myfitness pal app and my Garmin get a rough track of my calories. I go for negative to even calorie balance each day. That meant cutting out any fizzy drinks, flavoured drinks, cakes and other sugary foods. I also reduced other carb intake taking in much less rice and noodles. Lunch I changed to eat mostly salad and fruits. I take in a lot more additional protein as I was low on that. I have reduced my weight by 2kg over the ten days but felt more energetic and active. Is that a coincidence?

#362 Cheung, Apr 27, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2024 at 7:41 PM
  3. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

You are really taking care of yourself! Keep up the good work.

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

I do miss the roast goose though… LOL

Fidget likes this.
  5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Spoke too soon. After my really good performance last week, this week has been a disaster (by my standards). A real drop in performance.

I had some games a few days ago and had to take it easy. Not terribly intense games but definitely something that I should have been able to cope with.

I did a Muay Thai session a couple of days ago and mentioned to the trainer my condition seems to have gone down quite a lot this week compared to the week before. He was quite helpful (he’s representing HK in tournaments) by saying it’s like that with training. You get a good week but then for two weeks you get a dip afterwards. That was quite reassuring and reminded me of an Instagram reel where an Olympic athlete was told by their trainer that training only feels good 1/3 of the time.

Other factors were mentioned like lack of sleep or not enough recovery time….. since work was busy yesterday, I didn’t do anything exercise related.