Arronaut 9000c Replacement

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by WongWayWoo, Apr 18, 2024.

1. WongWayWoo

WongWayWoo New Member

Hi everyone,

Im looking to switch rackets. Currently using the Aeronaut 9000c. But looking into something possibly alittle head lighter which a stiff / stiffer shaft (similar to the 9000c)

I play quite a bit of mens doubles , Front court mainly and mixed doubles and I find the 9000c sometimes a tad bit heavy sometimes. Im mainly a controlled type player, only smashing when absolutely need to, rather play for more placement than power with drops and drives.

My previous rackets prior - Victor BS12, OG Astrox 88s

Ive looked into a few, and the two that strike me the most are the Yonex Arcsaber 11 pro 4u, and the TKF Enhanced 4u.
    Im alittle worried of the flexi shaft the TFL Enh has but Ive never been able to test it, however was able to try the 11 pro and felt slightly lacking in “oomph” maybe 3u?

Just seeing what other option people may recommend?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. NickifiedNg

NickifiedNg Regular Member

Nanoflare 1000z?

3. Dlee

Dlee Regular Member

Aeronaut 9000 drive?
    Lighter possibly similar stiffness to the 9000c you already have?

The contact will feel similar as well as it is still a 9000 -> just lighter so less adjustment is needed compared to switching over to something different?

4. WongWayWoo

WongWayWoo New Member

Hmm never thought of the other 9000 series to be fair. Main reason to switch is because where Im based, its much easier to get Yonex and Victor rackets than Li-Ning. :(

What would you recommend from yonex or victor that are similar to the 9000D

Thanks

5. Jtcjw

Jtcjw Regular Member

I used Aeronaut 9000C before. Liked it but eventually stopped using it because it's overall too heavy, slower than Bravesword 12. The shaft was in my view slightly stiffer than Bravesword 12, but it's not as stiff as the average Yonex racket.

May be worth considering Astrox 77 Pro (4U). The head weight in my view is slightly lighter than 9000C, moves faster, and the shaft stiffness is probably similar if not slightly stiffer than 9000C.

6. gimmeracquet

gimmeracquet Regular Member

I think Arcsaber 11 Pro is more complete than Aeronaut 9000C, but even the 3U version lacks the "oomph" of 9000C.

TKFE is not similar to 9000C at all.

I have been buying and testing many rackets and the closest I have come to find as a replacement for Aeronaut 9000C is DriveX 10 Metallic.
    Stiff, similar head weight, precise, and powerful with plenty of "oomph".
    3U version is a beast, it's really the most perfect racket from Victor at the moment in my opinion. If you play front court a lot and think 9000C is a bit heavy at times, then 4U DriveX 10 might be better perhaps, as I don't know about your physique and techniques.

SaxoProf likes this.
  7. WongWayWoo

WongWayWoo New Member

Ahh interesting! Never really knew much about their DriveX series so will definitely delve into looking up reviews!

When I meant heavy, I meant as though its a little too head heavy and find Im keeping my rackets naturally at a lower point. Maybe its just me haha.

How did you find the playability of the Arcsaber 11 pro?

8. Dlee

Dlee Regular Member

Hi WWW,

Unfortunately, I have never used the 9000 series so I couldn’t give you a reasonable assessment.

Absolutely fair enough that Li Nings are harder to get and you want to switch.

For a front/mid court player with a focus on control and placement; aside from power, what didn’t you like about the 88s and 11 pro? If it is a power issue; you could think about string configuration?
    Maybe a reduction in tension?

9. WongWayWoo

WongWayWoo New Member

Hi Dlee,

With the OG 88s, i felt it was too stiff, this was going back a few years ago however so my memory of it, is a bit iffy haha

The 11 pro, everything was great, apart from those power shots, like smashes but drives or late clears just felt it didn’t have the extra oomph when hitting them.

Im currently using BG66UM at 27lbs and used it for years so I doubt its something different there :/

10. Dlee

Dlee Regular Member

It sounds like you really enjoy the Arc11p which is positive.

The 11p is apparently very hold-y and I believe that the sweet spot is tricky -> review videos of when it first came out commented on the control assist bumper locking in the strings a bit tighter than rackets without such a bumper (so pretty much all other rackets) which limits movement (probably explains the trickier sweet spot).

So it sounds like a combination of potentially reducing your usual tension (eg by 1 or 2 lb) to loosen up the sweet spot and then to get the timing with the racket?

11. gimmeracquet

I think Arcsaber 11 Pro and Astrox 77 Pro are the most balanced and most playable Yonex rackets right now.

They suit for different play styles, but I think they are the most perfectly balanced, in the sense that they both have good power, good speed, good for both singles and doubles, and don’t require a lot of physique and fitnesse to use.

DriveX 10 I think is a slightly more attacking version of Arcsaber 11 Pro. It has more “oomph” especially for smashes, everywhere else it’s slightly worse but not by much at all.

Just my experience, I’ve had them since their releases and they are still two of my main rackets right now. 3U are really superb, 4U are good too but I haven’t restrung them since I broke the strings, and I think 4U is more suitable for your play style maybe.

12. WongWayWoo

WongWayWoo New Member

I did have a really nice experience with the arc11p, and if there weren’t much other suggestions then I would have possibly decided on the arc11p.
    Might think about the tension Idea if I ultimately got the arc11p - Thank you!

Have you tried the 3u and 4u versions? Much difference? As the A9000C is a 3u, so thinking to just get 3u arc11pro

13. WongWayWoo

WongWayWoo New Member

I was going to ask you if you had a 3u or 4u arc11p and what your thoughts on the differences are, as my A9000C is a 3u and just thinking whether it would be worth to experiment with 4u.

Thanks

14. gimmeracquet

Perhaps I didn't say it clear enough. What I've said above are my opinions on both 3U and 4U versions. I have both, I'm using 3U now as my 4U's strings were broken and I haven't got it restrung.

Let me clarify it again.

3U has more power, but still not on the same level of Aeronaut 9000C. 3U has better smashes, something that the 4U is pretty meh at.
    4U might be more suitable for doubles especially for front court play. 4U is faster and more versatile.
    Both 3U and 4U: a jack of all trades racket, good/very good at everything but the best at nothing. Well, drives and net control are super good.

15. WongWayWoo

WongWayWoo New Member

Ahhh I seee, i thought you meant you have a 4u arc11p and 3u DriveX. Haha

Made some really good points, on the 3u and 4u decision. Will definitely try out the arc11pro again before buying and switching.

Thanks for your help and information