Auraspeed 100X Thomas & Uber Cup

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ZeroSOFInfinity, Apr 6, 2024.

1. ZeroSOFInfinity

ZeroSOFInfinity Regular Member

Victor released a (LE? / SE?) version of the Auraspeed 100X in panda colours (black & white) for the Thomas & Uber Cup 2024.

Specs wise should be the same as Freecore version of normal 100X, but the logo at the T-joint has the Panda mascot instead of usual Victor logo.

Screenshot_20240407_123532_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20240407_123545_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20240407_123549_Samsung Internet.jpg

Bieffe likes this.
  2. AdamMorin

AdamMorin Regular Member

I'd buy one of these. My biggest reason for not trying the 100x is the **** paint job

3. what07

what07 Regular Member

Definitely worth the premium over the original colorway. IMG_20240403_011420_901.jpg

4. AdamMorin

AdamMorin Regular Member

Wonder when they will be available in Canada.

5. Bieffe

Bieffe Regular Member

Engineer
    Nice and cute but I won't pay a premium for it. Most badminton items don't appreciate over time. Even those in a very nice wooden box set. At most double? Even with the signature of the player.

I would love to stencile that Panda onto my racket!

6. Budi

Budi Regular Member

True. Never once i saw someone playing with limited edition racket like Spiderman series, Onepiece series, transformer series, etc. I guest it only end up in the hand of collector, a fanboy of something (ex: starwars), where the owner is not even a player.

You read my mind:p
    But im thinking to add some anoying smirk on the face. Would be funny, successfully kill the shuttle & rise my racket with those panda smirk.:rolleyes:

7. Bieffe

Bieffe Regular Member

Engineer
    I did seem some ppl playing with these limited rackets. But what's the point of paying the premium?
    Sometimes they got it as a gift or when the shops are having a special to clear it.

Take Hello Kitty and Snoopy the ladies love it but after that they change out.

Maybe mental, cos no pro uses it even if the manufacturers tell u is a repainted BS12...nobody gonna feel good.

This Panda abit different is written 100X. So more worth it...better than just a paint job.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

8. ZeroSOFInfinity

According to what I learned, the price is just slightly higher than the normal version.

9. Bieffe

Bieffe Regular Member

Engineer
    Maybe same price as the Hassan Edition. With just his name on the cone. Due to that they ruined the racket by using a black cone for his signature than the OG semi transparent dark cone.
    My local sell the Hansan and non Hasan model same price.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

10. what07

what07 Regular Member

As mentioned in the other thread about over releases of rackets, especially victor collaboration rackets. These usually aren't base on a current model so it's almost impossible to find a similar racket in the current lineup to be the same as these gift boxes or special releases.

Not really looking for this racket to appreciate, once it's strung, used and more widely available (not sure if and when). Got baited because orders last month were basically the same price as the regular 100x when first release. Granted thats still a $40 to $50 premium over current prices and $60 to $80 over BF.

WWF Panda logo is all I have

Bieffe likes this.
  11. ChickenSoup

ChickenSoup Regular Member

Love the new black and white paintjob....HATE the panda logo on the TJoint. Makes it look cheap :(

12. AdamMorin

AdamMorin Regular Member

For me I am all for re-paints. I wish they didn't do the themes on their own unique downgraded racket.

Call me spoiled but if the repainted my TKFE with the DBZ or Spiderman theme, I would buy it if the markup was 50% because the racket is awesome with the paint job. Unfortunately the very sweet looking DBZ and Spiderman are just downgraded shitty rackets painted to look good. So why would I buy a racket, no matter how pretty, if it sucks to play with?

If these are truly just a repainted 100X and it isn't it's own "unique" version on the 100X with different stiffness and head shape, I would buy it. Why? Because the 100X is a really nice and smooth racket but looks like total trash. This paint job makes it at least acceptable.

what07 likes this.
  13. what07

what07 Regular Member

I wouldn't say they are all downgrades tho. Granted I only tried maybe 5 collab rackets and 2 of the 5 are pretty decent, the Hello Kitty DriveX & the Thruster Tiger CNY. I wish they didn't make them unique so I don't have to bother trying a "new" racket just to see if its good or have nothing to reference it too.

But im always down for a black/white racket, so from poop 100x to something I would actually play now its a win for me. I disagree with the 50% premium tho lol. 25% is my tops. XD

14. Savage Attack

Savage Attack Regular Member

Student
    considering victor have made limited edition rackets like the ryuga metallic china open and hs plus world tour finals and subsequently sold a regular version; i really hope that this white 100x gets a regular version without the panda. never tried a 100x purely because it looks awful

what07 likes this.
  15. Bieffe

Bieffe Regular Member

Engineer
    Ya the 100x OG paint job ain't nice. But I suggest u give the racket a try. I like it in 4U. My previous racket was Astrox 77 4U b4 switching.

I've always take the feel of the racket over the looks. Cos is hard to notice, especially from far. Looks good will be a bonus but once u have a clash etc...the looks don't matter.

Not to mention like YY their rackets of the same family looks almost identical from far. Game, Play, Tour and Pro all looks the same. But if I'm a manufacturer, I will have a hard time pleasing all buyers. And the surface to work on the racket is so small too. Nobody can actually see the details, unless up close.

16. Savage Attack

Savage Attack Regular Member

Student
    100x is pretty hard to find in new zealand so i never felt the need to import from overseas since i was on the js10 for quite a while and the ugly paint job just made it even less attractive at the time

Bieffe likes this.
  17. ZeroSOFInfinity

Had a few games with the 4U version on Nanogy 98 (27lbs + 5% prestretch). Would say it's feels slightly more stiffer than the normal version, but not by much.