Looking for stringing machine suggestions.

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Chris wadson, Nov 8, 2023.

1. Chris wadson

Chris wadson Regular Member

2. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Yes, it will fit. In a worst case you’ll have to drill a hole or two, but I don’t think it will be needed.

3. Canadaguyy

Canadaguyy Regular Member

It fit perfectly on my t12 so should fit the t15

Chris wadson likes this.
  4. Chris wadson

"deleted"

#44 Chris wadson, Apr 10, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2024
  5. Chris wadson

6. ambsace

ambsace Regular Member

Someone else with more stringing knowledge might be able to confirm, but I think the fixed clamps on the Tourna is NOT universal. The spacing of the teeth seem very wide.

Did Tennisman ever get back to you?

EDIT: shortened URL

#46 ambsace, Apr 12, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2024
  7. PoopNoob123

PoopNoob123 New Member

Those are tennis clamps so they are not considered universal. I would suggest looking at Facebook marketplace if you want secondhand. There are some machines around the GTA available.

8. mckbadminton

mckbadminton New Member

9. Chris wadson

Ah thanks did not consider the clamps. with additional costs may be better to find a machine with the right ones initially. Unfortunately there are no second hands in my region (toronto is a 41 hr drive there and back haha) and i would not trust a private sale to ship.

10. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

The Tourna 150 's base looks like the one on the Penta Premium 3600 which I had. The rails are thinner than most machine. I bought a pair of semi auto base clamp and I had to trim the base crew to make it fit

Chris wadson likes this.
  11. Chris wadson

I did get a short reply back eventually, asked a few more questions (last week), waiting for a reply back at the moment. Skipped the Ebay T machine.

Specifically asked if I buy the Stringmaster deluxe without the motor and buy a wise in canada(one less package with big shipping costs) if i would need an adaptor (and where to get one).

Body
    https://www.tennisman.de/en/Other/S...ringMaster-Deluxe-LE-without-motor.html?cur=3

Motor

https://racquetguys.ca/products/wis...c-professional-stringing-machine-tension-head

Seems like a pretty similiar cost when i compare buying their model with the wise vs buying it here but the unknown customs costs makes me lean towards buying separate.

12. ambsace

ambsace Regular Member

FWIW I'm from Toronto and I haven't had much luck finding a stringing machine that I think is worthwhile on FB marketplace, kijiji and the like. There was a Gamma X6 FC on sale in Montreal, QC in March, but the seller wasn't interested in shipping to Toronto.

There is a person in Calgary who is selling Siboasi electric stringing machines.

I've inquired about that too.

He replied, "If you are I Canada the cost of delivery are very high. About 90 Euro for each parcel. So if you want to buy the Wise motor in Canada or USA maybe you/we can save one parcel and money."

If you buy the LE version (now in stock), it looks like it comes with the baseplate to mount a WISE tensionhead. The tensionhead is normally shipped as a separate parcel.

EDIT: fixed formatting.

13. Chris wadson

Yes similar idea. I am finding the wise head is 1200$ with shipping from canada (raqcuetguy) but if i get it from European sites it is about 950$ with shipping included....so I still feel like it is cheaper to get out of country.

Edit: oh probably need to do BC sales tax on it...14% so 1100 if get from overseas....still 100$ cheaper

14. slim416

slim416 Regular Member

What is your budget for the new machine? Any authorized Victor and Yonex dealer in Canada can get you one of their machines via special order including the lower end crank / lockout machines but might just take a while if there isn't any stock in their Canadian warehouse.

I just picked up a used Victor C-7032N from my friend here in Calgary to go along with my C-7027 + Wise. I seen the odd crank / lockout machine show up on FB marketplace / Kijiji here from time to time as well. There is quite a few ppl here in Calgary and Edmonton with Victor machines (C-7032 series / VE-50 / VE-80) but usually, there is no reason to upgrade once you get one of those, so they rarely get put up for sale unless someone quits playing / stringing

Something like the AEF isn't bad either if you are okay with a drum style tensioner over a linear one.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005920846534.html

But definitely choose one of the semi-automatic base options

15. Chris wadson

Unfortunately second hand is very unlikely where i live (racquet sports not that big up here northern bc). I did contact a few canadian distributors with the budget of 2000-3500$ cad, however I was told they would only be able to get "low end manual machines" for this price. Little disheartening when i can get much better out of country (it seems) I should be finalizing my decision soon as the funding decision is made next week. Looking like tennisman is the way to go though price and quality wise...

16. slim416

slim416 Regular Member

My experience “low-end” Victor machines is that only thing that makes them lower end is the manual crank/ lock-out tensioner; the rest of machine is top of the line

when I was shopping for an upgrade on my previous machine, from all the machines I looked at, the Victor C-7027 was in my opinion, the best manual crank/ lockout badminton machine there; the clamp and mounting system is on par with the top electric machines; there is a reason it was significantly priced higher than other crank / lockout machines on the market. (The c-7027 uses the exact small clamps as the C-7032N)

for me I wasn’t too concern about manual crank part as my plan was always to replace it with a wise

for the volume you will be doing, I would focus more on things like the quality of the clamps and mounting system over the tensioning system; crank / lock out is fine as long as there is a upgrade path to something like a wise tension head

17. what07

what07 Regular Member

Should snatch that PT8 @9k plus Tax

Granted it looks heavily used and quite beatup.

18. Chris wadson

Looking online i can't find any info or prices/sources of purchase for the victor model c-7027...possibly discontinued long ago?

19. ambsace

ambsace Regular Member

Wow. 370K+ pulls. That's a workhorse of a machine.

what07 likes this.
  20. slim416

slim416 Regular Member

yes, it was replaced by the VM-2000S although I am not sure if that one is still available - you would need to check with Victor Canada

https://ca.victorsport.com/product/45692/VM-2000S

main difference from the C-7027 is an upgraded height adjustable stand (similar to the C-7032) and different turntable base (i.e brake)

The C-7027 / VM-2000S are probably one of the last 6-point hold down mount where the top and bottom frame are clamp down - they are no longer in fashion any more as even the new electric Victor machines have moved away from that but in my opinion hold mount is or was a superior mounting system for badminton there is very little distortion or movement while stringing. For newer rackets where the top row of the cross strings are closer to the top it would be be tight or impossible to clamp off the final row of string at the top; for those rackets I have adjusted my technique to accommodate. Even some of the suspension mount machines have the same issue but mainly due to the thickness of the clamps

Just had a quick look and it looks like most of the lock-out / lockout machines no longer have semi-automatic clamps or self-centering side supports any more like the C-7027 / VM-2000S

for the price, that AEF one I posted previously is pretty good, even after shipping (~ $2200 CAD) as you get the semi automatic clamps (make sure you pick one of the two upgraded version), self centering side supports and electric tensioner, even though it is the lower end drum one but similar to the gamma one in your first post. Main disadvantage of the AEF one is that it is badminton only

I did have a friend selling a VM-2000S + wise but not sure if he is still selling it but he is also located in Lethbridge so might be a far for you