What do the 2 letter country code on yonex rackets mean? (JP/SP/TW)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by kelvin1338, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
  2. uwewong

uwewong Regular Member

Yeah some new models or new colours like arc11 have this new code

3. Junye

Junye Regular Member

now now.. somebody should dissect SP codes ones too....to dismiss the myth of the superiority over different coded rackets.

http://bbs.badmintoncn.com/thread-763823-1-1.html
    in chinese... can't read.. don't bother... just check out the images for differences between JP and CN coded rackets.

4. Nicholas Tam

Nicholas Tam Regular Member

Hobo Student
    I quote from the above article:

"我个人感觉大家还是要去YONEX中国官方认可的经销商处去买,因为它的售后比较好,而且也能够得到正品的这样一个保证,大家千万不要去相信JP版更好的谣言,而且我自己打下来是分辨不出什么区别的,今天的内容就到这里,谢谢大家~"

I suggest everyone to buy from Yonex CN's official distributors for better after sales service, also because there's a guarantee that the racket is genuine. I urge everyone not to believe of rumors that JP rackets are better, as I could not tell the difference from using the two rackets. That's it for today, thank you folks~

That's quite literally her conclusion, no perceivable difference. I was cringing so hard when I saw those rackets dissected to throughly... but this does confirm that every racket varies ever so slightly in their manufacturing that may or may not contribute to a perceivable difference as claimed by most players.

My other theory is that the perceivable difference may be due to the fact that at one point there was a rampant amount of fake SP coded rackets that people never knew that they were comparing a fake racket to a genuine one haha

#44 Nicholas Tam, Jul 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
    ubootsg likes this.
  5. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Haha. She's paid without a doubt.

Actually I believe it's just a sponsored post by Yonex china to get the nation people buy rackets in China. And stop visiting rakuten or jd to buy jp coded rackets.

China likes JP coded rackets.
    Their sales have been dropping a bit as cheaper priced SP rackets are exported into China.

They didn't dissect sp coded rackets because if it is shown to be the same... China folks will be going for the sp coded exported rackets.

As for the difference, it boils down to QA on how it follows the exact specs of the racket. If you can feel the difference and like jp coded, just feel free to indulge more. What is important that you love the racket and it helps to improve your game.

Cheers.

6. Jlord

Jlord Regular Member

is DW a code?

7. alexnd2008

alexnd2008 Regular Member

wait you have seen the last digit of 1?? in your example ending with 1JP.

I have only seen the number that is 2 and above, aside from the 0 player racquets. I buy the explanation that this is the iteration number or version number, like 0 is totally customized for top yonex sponsored players, and 1 might be the demo racquets that has "DEMO" "cone code", and every commercial product starts with 2 in the first year (1 iteration after the initial demo/pre-prod phase), and maybe fine-tuned in the production process in later iterations.