Need help for choosing a new racket (from Duora 7)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by samaj, May 2, 2023.

1. samaj

samaj New Member

Dear all,

It have been playing with Duora 7 (3U) racket since 6 years and I need to change racket.

Even though I find Duora 7 appropriate for my playstyle, I would like approximately the same racket (all around racket) but with a little more weight on the head because as I am mostly a single player and as I am not a “hard hitter”, I may need a racket a little more helpful for the end of court (clears and smashs). A little bit more rigid would be OK (but not too much).

I have tried Astrox 77 (3U) but after one month of test, I went back to Duora 7 because Astrox 77 is too head heavy and not fast enough to my liking. According to the youtube channel “badminton guide” the balance point of the Astrox 77 is 304 mm (Duora 7 is 290mm according to badminton guide).

As Duora rackets are no longer commercialized, it seems that the only alternative would be Arcsaber series but it would be too head light I think (Arcsaber 7 and 11 pro are 291 BP) and in Astrox series, Astrox 88S (301 BP) but if fear it will still be a bit too head heavy and there are now 3 differents models for this racket (play, tour, pro) which complicates the choice.

Which other rackets should I consider ?

I have identified 2 rackets :
    • Victor Auraspeed 90K II (balance point is 302 which seem high for a "speed" racket);
    • Victor Auraspeed 100X (balance point is 297 which still seems high for a "speed" racket);
    N.B. : I did not select Victor Auraspeed 30h which seems to be more flexible than Duora 7 and I would not like that.

Thanks in advance for your advices

2. Dlee

Dlee Regular Member

If you don’t mind going away from the big names (Yonex, Victor, Li-Ning) I would add the Black Panther by Jnice into your list

Moderately HH but the short shaft and aerodynamic head shape results in very high speed + it is medium flex so comfortable to generate power
    Personally I would recommend the 3U version because I found the 4U too fast

Of the two victors you listed; both are Auraspeed models with sharp frames so even though they have a HH balance point, they can still move well so don’t worry too much =)

Also, another point/thing-to-consider -> stiffness
    A lot of HH tend to be quite stiff (presumably because HH = hard hitter preference -> stiffer shaft for more control and power ceiling) so be wary of that

3. awesomista

awesomista Regular Member

I own both 100x and 90k2

90k2 won with the power even though 4u
    100x won with the accuracy but 4u feels too light
    If you want good acuracy and hits harder you can go for 100x in 3u...

I use both in single, but after 90k2 comes out i use 90k2 for singles... Faster and hits harder

4. samaj

samaj New Member

Thank your for your feedback. Do you use 90-K2 in 4U or 3U version for singles ? I wonder if 90-K2 4U still better than 100x 3U for singles ?

Thanks for you response. I did not know Black panther racket. As this model seems a bit original (short shaft) for the same price as Victor rackets, I'm not sure I will go for it.

5. awesomista

awesomista Regular Member

4u 90k2.....
    i think it's slightly better for single but it depends on the preference of the player...
    some of my friend like 4u 90k2 better, some like 100x in 3u

consider use 3u 90k2... i've tried my friend's with exbolt 65, a little bit slow than 100x 3u but not much ....

6. NickifiedNg

NickifiedNg Regular Member

a 4U 90k2 wouldn't provide enough 'oopmh' for singles. Its fine for Mid court to back court doubles. but would recommend 3u 90k2 for singles.

3U for the weight to generate additional power for singles, however your arm will be a little tired.
    4U if you want to use the racket to play multiple singles matches

pootisfoib likes this.