Copy of rules of play

Discussion in 'Rules / Tournament Regulation / Officiating' started by scamp, Aug 23, 2021.

1. scamp

scamp Regular Member

Where can I get a rules booklet from? I do not want to download and print it. I looked at BWF website but saw nothing like it there!

2. phihag

phihag Regular Member

stradrider likes this.
  3. stradrider

stradrider Regular Member

To avoid confusion... important to note, current badminton laws only mention international 1.15m rule for the service height (9.1.6).
    This rule can only be applied with the assistance of service fault detection device. Without it it's impossible to determine if the service was bellow 1.15 m or not with any precision. An umpire sitting on the high chair is unable to judge the exact height (in matches without the service judge it is usually umpire's job to call service faults).

Therefore the old "below the waist" rule (as well as shaft pointing downwards) is still used in most of the local games.

The "below the waist rule" still exists, however since it is not used in the international tournaments any more, instead of the main "laws of badminton" book, the rule has been moved to another pdf called "alternative laws of badminton" . I think there is a lot of confusion because of that and it is important for the local players to remember to look in "alternative laws" too...

This is the exact wording: