Medium Stiffness, Even Balanced, 4u racket for double

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Number 14, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Number 14

Number 14 Regular Member

Hi All, any recommendation based on the spec mentioned on the subject?
    Thanks!

2. MoonJogger

MoonJogger Regular Member

My duora 55 lcw has all the spec u mention

Sent from my SM-A750GN using Tapatalk

3. visor

visor Regular Member

Yonex AX77 4U

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

4. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

Medium stiffness is... not very precise.

I cannot say anything about the Duo55, but I wouldn't say the AX77 is even balance. If you consider it anyway, the Adidas Wucht P2 and Überschall F2 are similar considering the head weight and stiffness.
    I don't consider that 4U even balanced, though.

The options from Adidas that come to mind are...

Spieler A09.1 and that is actually what I'd recommend if price is an issue. Great, great racket for the price and meets the criteria exactly.

The Wucht P3 should be the same, but "better" version like the A09.1... I never tried it though, but maybe @Dave1011 can say something here? Comparing the A09.1 and the P2, I expect the A09.1 to be the same racket as the P3, but from a different OEM with lower grade carbon, leading to slightly worse feedback, but also a much lower price point. And still great performance, thus... great value racket.

Überschall F1. 4U, even balanced, a little more flex than the other ones. Too much flex for me, too light for me, but I'm more into very stiff, head heavy, 3U rackets.

Kalkül A3. Right in between 3U and 4U. Even. Noticeably less head weight than the AX77/F2/P2. Same category as F1/A09.1. A little bit stiffer, but not very punishing. Great Feedback! Best I've ever had, maybe... Dave might recommend the A5 instead? I didn't try that one though.

If Adidas is an option for you, I can just push you in that direction. Really good value for all those rackets.

5. pumpkindsquash

pumpkindsquash New Member

hi guys, i am a doubles aggressive player and ive been thinking of buying a mizuno powerblade 593, what are your opinions?

6. pumpkindsquash

pumpkindsquash New Member

Are 4U rackets mostly used in doubles, and should a 4U racket be light enough for me to hit consistent smashes without getting tired and weary?

7. Budi

Budi Regular Member

smash defintely cost more energy but bad position & you forcing yourself to keep smashing will wear you down even more. 3U or 4U is a matter of preference & physical attribute.

8. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I agree, there are some great offerings from Adidas that would fit your spec well.

The F2 may be a little too head heavy but the P2, P3 and A09.1 should be the right balance and flex.
    The A09.1 and P3 are similar and both very good, the P3 is far more refined but the A09.1 value for money is hard to beat.

The A3 that @speCulatius mentioned is my favourite racket, its mid balanced but slightly stiffer than medium I would say. The A5 is a great racket but lacked power for me.

Another to consider would be the A2, if feels like a Victor jetspeed with the spec of a bravesword 12, a very underrated racket.

Heres an Adidas racket chart which may be of use.

PSX_20191106_103603.jpg

9. Number 14

Number 14 Regular Member

Thanks, guys, very much appreciated the recommendation!
    But then due to my store nearby only sell Yonex, Lining Victor, and Mizuno, any recommendation among these brands?

10. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Victor Auraspeed 90s would suit that spec