Choosing Best string and Tension

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Tanmay Gupta, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Tanmay Gupta

Tanmay Gupta New Member

I have a MP29(light) racquet and wanted to string it. Please suggest the Best combination. I am an intermediate and offensive player.
    I was thinking to get it strung with BG80 power or BG 65Ti at 22 or 23 lbs tension.
    If possible please answer quickly.
    Thanks and Regards

2. Kento

Kento Regular Member

Based on reviews that I have read, the Yonex Muscle Power 29 Light is very well suited for players with an aggressive playing style.

There is always a trade-off between going for strings that give extra power against those that are durable.

BG 65 Ti will be suitable if you need the extra control as well as the high repulsion power and it is more durable due to the titanium coating on the strings.

Apart from the BG80 Power, also look at BG66 Ultimax, both good for power play.

As your racquet has a range from 19 -24lbs tension, it is up to you what precision of control you desire as when the tension is cranked up, the sweet spot decreases but the control and placement accuracy increases.

I use a pair of Yonex Voltric 7 DG racquets. The DG stands for 'Durable Grade' which means that the frame is reinforced to withstand a maximum tension of 35lbs on any particular string that is used.

As I am a very technical player, one is strung with Aerobite at 30lbs tension whilst the other has just been re-strung with BG66 Ultimax at 28lbs tension. Not surprisingly, playing with racquets at that level of string tension requires a lot of power combined with very swift racquet swing speed and very good technique.

My advise to you is to try stringing with any of the three strings I have mentioned at mid-range i.e. 22lbs and see how that suits you and f you find that you need to fine tune then by all means go up to 23-24lbs or come down a notch to 20-21lbs.

I hope this helps.