Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. wade

wade Regular Member

talk about their game, what I think minions need to improve is probably to change the pace a lot more, I know they like to playing it fast all the time but at some point when the opponent are already so far back in their defensive stance a little block would be very effective instead of keep playing it fast to the point they making errors :)

#1641 wade, Sep 17, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  2. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

In Fact i think its super difficult for minions to play at Changzhou fast arena because they will make a lot of mistakes. Just look at their errors at Istora.

3. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I guess they are keeping their striped shirts for a while after winning Japan Open in them.. :confused:

Anyway, they are playing Pangkarya/Santoso tomorrow. They won their last encounter so I guess they should have no problem winning this one too. Good luck for the minions. Aim for the hat trick!! :D:D

4. Hbmao

Hbmao Regular Member

With the current BWF schedule, you keep playing until you are broken and start losing left and right. Yamaguchi came to mind as the latest example of a super consistent player who lost her consistency. On the other hand, you accumulate wins and titles really quickly if you are up to the task. So enjoy while it lasts, but there is really no shame in losing amongst such a busy schedule.

Yoji likes this.
  5. kalibrant

kalibrant Regular Member

salesman
    Unfortunately Kevin Marcus will not participate in Korea Open. I really want to see them play against Lee Yong Dae/Kim Gi Jung.

6. melon94

melon94 Regular Member

yeah me too, the koreans looking good when they won the spain masters.

7. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Minions lost in SF today:(
    Not really surprising considering, but I still can't believe the number of service faults called for Marcus.. And how he still not try to lower his serves after the calls. Hasn't he realized that he always raises his left arm at the time he hits the shuttle with his racket? o_Oo_O

8. wade

wade Regular Member

yeah it kinda ruined my mood today, the lcw news, then minions lost...just very bad day today :(

9. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Yeah much more sad for Lee though. How can this happen?

Minions have achieve lots in international titles so its ok they didnt win this. a defeat can happen anytime but cancer?

Most important in life is to stay healthy.

wade likes this.
  10. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

LCW had been overworking for far too long. That's probably the sign from the "above" to let him know that he needed to slow down. Or at least that's how I see it. However, I hope he can get all the treatment he needs and recover soon.

Minions need to take rest too. They had been playing non stop. Even Li/Liu can't stay fit lately, even though they should be much stronger physically.

11. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Yeah, my friend said LCW should retire earlier. He has been overworking all these while.

12. wade

wade Regular Member

yeah hopefully 3 weeks is enough for minions to rest and perform at the highest level again at denmark open, I really want to see them winning that tournament since that's one of the world tour titles they haven't won yet, also it's been a long time since indonesian md won denmark open, so it would be special.

13. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I realize these days Kevin are so moody. He plays with so many errors when Gideon didnt play well. Playing at net that is so easy to kill is not his forte, last time they play like this against InoueKaneko at AGthey almost lost.

Of course they are still the most consistent and titles are very important in MD. I think all the top 4/8 pairs in MD have their problems needing to work out their differences but somehow its because of the competitiveness of the field.

At least they fought, got rubber won the most points and lost , unlike LiLiu who tanked 2 matches so what can i say , they did their best.

14. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

If it was only a mood thing with the errors, then it is fine. I am just worried about his old recurring injury (shoulder or arm was it?). He smashed a lot from the back court like there was no tomorrow in Japan Open and it was a slow hall. Here he hardly smashed hard, but mostly he managed to hit steep and sliced half smashes instead. Could be just exhaustion, not so sure.

Their coach mentioned a few times that he was really worried about the seriousness of Kevin's shoulder injury (he actually tore some muscles) more than Marcus's. He could cope with regular physiotherapy but it can reoccur anytime if he is not careful.

Hopefully it is just fatigue and both of them could recover soon. And Marcus better come up with a better service next time :mad:

Woman.in.Red likes this.
  15. wade

wade Regular Member

I also feel that way, I know that his style are make him more error prone, but lately he's been making too many mistakes even for his standard...and indeed it's getting worse when gideon didn't play well.

16. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

There was nothing wrong with Marcus serves, they were robbed of the match because of unfair calls. Points here points there is silly. BWF needs to correct this and just let the flows play.

17. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

There was nothing wrong with his serves, just too high:rolleyes::rolleyes:.
    I am not sure whether those calls were the right ones or not because we can never know, but the rule is there. If he was going to lose his concentration because of the fault calls and lose the match because of it eventually then he needs to change his serve. No point being stubborn and think he is being robbed of points. Just lower his serve to avoid the fault call.

stanleyfm likes this.
  18. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Hilarious :D

19. BojepJoe

BojepJoe Regular Member

Unemployed
    yeah it looks like the troll coming out of the woodwork already:D

stanleyfm and Yoji like this.
  20. ericksakti

ericksakti Regular Member

its about time haha