What do you usually eat before badminton competition?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by duchoainguyen, Oct 30, 2017.

1. beermonstertw

beermonstertw Regular Member

*I say a good night sleep,a sports drink and a good long warming up (approximately an hour) will last you good through nine o'clock,have a roasted beef sandwich,fruits and milk right after games.
    *For games around nine o'clock in the morning,I might have a piece of rye bread.You will also need a long session of warming up,electrolytes and water.Followed up with a regular breakfast and sports meds.
    *For games after nine o'clock???go get a mighty breakfast then spend all your time for warming up before games.Have I been saying warming up?It is so important to wake your body up naturally,avoid/instead of caffeine beverages.
    *Take supplements during the tournament week.They help recover.

LenaicM likes this.
  2. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

Looking at your name (love it), I guess a sports drink is a beer? After all, it's combination of nutrients is pretty good. :D

Now, let's be serious:
    Totally agree on the warmup part. My body hates sports in the morning and needs a good warmup.

A small breakfast might be a banana and some coffee (no sugar, no milk), I just really like this combination...
    For in between matches, I like to bring some more bananas and some rice with vegetables (not very common here in Germany). I won't eat much at a time though.

LenaicM and ucantseeme like this.
  3. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Everyone might like or react differently to different kind of food but there are some basics categories of food to take or avoid. By the way I’m surprised at some players not eating a thing before playing.

What’s important to remember:
    Carbs = energy
    Proteins = help repair damaged muscles tissues
    Fat = to avoid in large quantity as it slow down the digestive process
    Sugar intake = to get from whole food (fruits, lactose, honey)
    Hydratation = water + electrolyte drink during intense efforts
    Digestion = 2 hours minimum for a full meal / 30 mins minimum for a snack

Now it’s up to you to find the carbs, proteins, etc that you like best and the right equation for the quantity of food and the time you should ingest your meal before the effort through trial and errors. Correct nutrition is so important before any exercices, practice or matches and like almost everything in life it takes time and practice before you find your very own balance.

Meals example:
    - 2 to 3 hours prior to the effort: quinoa/brown rice with grilled vegetable and tofu or a yogourt.
    - Homemade “energy drink”: water with honey and chia seeds.
    - Snack: Banana and oats bars make for a great snack too.
    - Post effort meal: lentils with grilled salmon
    - Stay hydrated (everyday not just on days you play)