Discussion in 'Introduction' started by rulebavaria, Nov 16, 2017.

1. rulebavaria

rulebavaria Regular Member

Hi there,

I'm new to badminton central and badminton in general. I have only been playing for 3 months now (let's disregard the high school badminton i played 13 years ago) but I'm already getting addicted to this great game.

I have played tennis and table tennis for quite a long time so I'm used to racket sports which is both an advantage and a curse for badminton I guess.

I hope to learn a lot here, especially in order to improve my technique (who said backhand?) and footwork.

:)

s_mair likes this.
  2. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Welcome! So good to see that some other fellow German badminton enthusiasts join this great community. And out of peronal interest - in which region in bavaria are you located exactly?

Two things you need to know though:
    1) spending hours online and reading alone does not improve your technique (no, also not the backhand...) or you footwork
    2) only click on the "Badminton Rackets/Equipment" section if you are prepared to spend more money for your hobby :D

phihag, AHA_INA and rulebavaria like this.
  3. rulebavaria

rulebavaria Regular Member

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I'm actually not living in Bavaria at the moment but in the Saarland. ;)

I'm out there playing a lot and trying to improve on the court besides all the reading. However I'm afraid that I might be hitting a wall without a coach to teach me the proper technique. :(

4. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Oh, so you're currently some kind of bavarian refugee then? :)

Having a coach nearby is definitely the best way to improve. However what can also help you a lot is to film yourself, post the clip in here and ask users for their feedback. You can be sure to receive an honest feedback and get an idea what to focus on mostly.