Smiling Fish Thailand International Series, May 1-6

Discussion in '2007 Tournaments' started by Sandy, Apr 27, 2007.

1. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design

Thats good news....pls send them SMS...I wish I asked Yuan's cellphone number :( :(

2. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Indonesians in the Quarterfinals tonight:
    MS
    Bandar Sigit Pamungkas, got passed the draw which include Mattias Wigardt [#6 seed from Sweden]. Today, Bandar will play Poompat Sapkulchananart [#1 seed from Thailand] today. Bandar is still 18 and the youngest National Team member. :cool:
    Wisnu Haryo Putro, who have defeated Wong Wai Hong [#4 seed from HK] and a Thai player. :cool: Wisnu is only 19, I think.
    Nugroho Andi Saputro, who have defeated Loo Yik Xiang [MAS] and Magnus Sahlberg [#2 seed from Sweden]. Nugroho is the 2006 Singles National Junior Champion. He will play in the Asian and World Juniors this year. :cool:

WS
    Aprillia Yuswandari, will play Soratja [#1 seed from Thailand] today. Soratja defeated Maria Febe in rubber sets yesterday. Aprillia is the 2007 German Juniors winner. :) Maria Febe is the 2007 Dutch Juniors champ. :)

MD
    Wifqi-Alfiat, who have defeated a Thai pair and then Lo Lok Kei-Leung Chun Yiu [#4 seed from HK] yesterday. Wifqi-Alfiat were in the 2006 Doubles National Junior finals but with different partners. Alfiat was the champion with Danni Bawa. :cool:
    Bona-Ahsan [#2 seed] defeated a Thai MD pair yesterday. :cool:

XD
    Tantowi-Yulianti and Lingga-Devi are in the XD quarterfinals. :D

Sorry, I have no news on Indonesia's WD... My friend who informs me of all this ...does not pay any attention to the WD games. :p

Beleatrix, Yuan Kartika, Indra Bagus, Dyonisius Hayom Rumbaka, Maria Febe, Tantowi-Devi MD, Fernando-Subakti MD, Alfiat-Luluk XD, and Wifqi-Debby XD all lost by last night... :eek:

#22 Krisna, May 3, 2007
    Last edited: May 3, 2007
  3. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

Thank's for the info
    I think Bandar was born in December 1990, he is still 16 y.o.

4. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Ooh, so young.... 16?

5. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

I noticed a few players who around this age like Saina Nehwal, Lidya Cheah, Maria Febe also Xing Aiying are born in 1990. I predict others SIN players like Fu Mingtian, Gu Juan & Zhan Beiwen are younger than Xing. Tee Jing Yi of Malaysia also very young, maybe born 1992. Indonesia has Febby Angguni (born 1991).

But all these young players are girl

6. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Thanks Krisna!!

I was tempted to call them last nite thru hotel

7. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Latest news from Trang, Thailand:
    Wisnu Haryo Putro through to the semifinals. Nugroho Andi Saputro lost. Bona-Ahsan and Wifqi-Alfiat both won and will meet each other in the semifinals tmrw... :cool:

8. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    How about WS and Pamungkas?

9. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Just taled to pamungkas from hotel:

MS: Only Wisnu in SF
    WS: Aprillia lost
    WD: 2 pairs in SF
    MD: 2 pairs also
    XD: tantowi/Yuli

I felt like stalking them

10. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Thailand Series Finals

WS Finals
    All Thai finals. Wisnu lost 21-15, 10-21, 10-21 to the Thai first seed, Sapkulchananart Poompat.

MS Finals
    All Thai finals. The Thai 2nd layer singles are getting better and better... :eek: I hope these guys are sent to the Indonesian Challenge later on this year... I want to see them against our 2nd layer such as Tommy Sugiarto, Andreas Adityawarman, Andre Kurniawan, Yunus Alamsyah, Jeffer Rosobin, etc... ;)

WD Finals
    All INA finals. But there are reports that Beleatrix-Samantha might not play because their tickets are scheduled for tomorrow before the finals match... :eek: [they didn't expect to go this far...]. Singapore Airlines' office is already closed at this hour. The other pair... I'm not sure because my friend does not pay a lot of attention to this category, but if it is an all INA finals and one of the pair is Beleatrix-Samantha, then I suppose the other pair is Yulianti-Richi Puspita Dili; my logical deduction after looking at the draw.

MD Finals
    Bona-Ahsan is in the finals after defeating Wifqi-Alfiat 21-18, 22-20. They will next play Alroy Tanama Putra-Hui Wai Ho [Hong Kong].

XD Finals
    Yulianti-Tantowi played very well and entered the finals. :cool: They will play Thitipong Lapoe-Savittree Amitpai of Thailand.

11. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Oops, sorry, I put my comments on Wisnu on the WS finals. Wisnu is a MS player. Sorry. :p

12. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Bona Septano/Mohd Ahsan started to establish themselves as the 4th ranked pair in Pelatnas, now that Yoga/Yonathan are going to be split up.

Tantowi/Yulianti also show good progress in the satellite tourneys. It's probably time for them to step up a level?

13. badMania

badMania Regular Member

FINAL Results

Men's Singles: Poompat Sapkulchananart bt Pakawak Vilailat 21-13, 21-13

Men's Doubles: Hui Wai Ho/Alroy Tanama Putra bt Bona Septano/Mohd Ahsan 21-18, 21-18 -- too bad...the Pelatnas pair lost. They will be competing in the NZ Open next.

Women's Singles: Salakjit Ponsana bt Soratja Chansrisukot 12-21, 21-4, 21-14 -- double joy for the Ponsana family yesterday as the younger sister triumphed at home as well.

Women's Doubles: Dili Richi Puspita/Yulianti bt Belaetrix Manuputi/Samantha Lintang w.o.

Mixed Doubles: Ahmad Tantowi/Yulianti bt Thitipong Latoe/Savittree Amitpai 21-17, 17-21, 21-17 -- another title for Tantowi/Yulianti in the Satellite-level tourneys...they will be a good backup pair.

14. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Thanks for the info... :)

I suppose the story of Belaetrix-Samantha having ticketing problems are quite true. Yulianti-Richi won with a walkout. Lucky Yulianti collected 2 titles... :D