New Li-Ning "N“ string series | N58, N61, N63, N65, N68, N69, N70

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by s_mair, Oct 12, 2022.

1. what07

what07 Regular Member

Ya I been told by many to try Aerobite, but since blue/white does not come in a reel zzzzz it just seems too pricey for me, and I only get my rackets strung with 2 knots so hybrid setup's were kinda not on my radar.

G-Tone 5 I tried about 3 times, but it also didn't really wow me, then again I had it for a month on 3 different rackets so maybe it wasn't fair comparison and it was about over the course of 1 year. From what I recall it wasn't as textured and no sticky feel compared to zymax62F. Holds tension and stayed playable a bit longer maybe by 5 sessions or 1.5weeks before I just wanna cut it. Does feel thinner then 64tx but I rather take 64tx over GT5 because of the harder feel lb to lb.

@s_mair When you told me to branch out to thicker strings I did expanded my trials and its about time as I will probably finish my kizuna z58/z63x by the next month and these I would say are just below medium grippy feel.

I really do like vbs-66 nano in the last 2 months I had it on 2 rackets. Just wish it was a bit more grippy. End of month I may just pay the fine and get an N65 set to try, because it does sound pretty grippy in s_mair vid when pulling the crosses. I would also have a set of Ryzonic 65 as well.

2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I can say that drop shots are really sharp with this string and even some smashs were so loud that I thought the string broke. Like firing a ballistic missile. Luckily it was not the case. The feeling is softer that N65, something I really like but I struggled also a bit with the control and touch. I don't know if it was my break due a flu or the fresh string. With the settled No.1 it was not such a big deal.

I hit many lifts and attacking clears too long, maybe it was the repulsion?

We focused on neutralisation/the dead zone and netplay. My feeding was horrible. Blocking the smash by my training partner was a breeze, but anything around midcourt to net or midcourt didn't work accurate enough to my taste.

First impressions are good, but anything which require finesse and touch lacks a bit. Could be really me due illness, longer break and the case that I simply play the No.1 so long that any other string feels too unfamiliar.

I will update my impressions.

what07, Woesi and s_mair like this.
  3. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Interesting findings - it just proves like time and time again how personal the choice of the right string is.

I'm currently comparing it to a fresh set of N65 on my other racket. And yeah, N65 feels indeed a touch harder and it makes it easier to control delicate touch shots. Repulsion of N63 even after a number of sessions now is still ridiculous. My favourite shot? All sorts of lifts and drives to defend smashes. It's sooo satisfying to just give the incoming shuttle a slight push from the fingers and a little forearm supination and you feel the shuttle zooming off the stringbed again with no effort at all.

In terms of durability, it's now on the racket for 1,5 months and I've used it quite a lot (2 sessions per week on average). No signs of fraying as of today and the feel is still great. For a string that thin, I think that's already a win.

#143 s_mair, Mar 18, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2024
    what07, ucantseeme and Woesi like this.
  4. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Today training finished. I can say that I kept the whole session the N63 and didn't switched the racket. This means much. We did continous smashing, offensive rotations and doubles defence. My smash was on fire. I can also verify that lifting and defending is a real joy with this string. After I did today a lot of pushing with change of pace as warm up, I can make it work on touch shots, but would string it 1lbs lower. No control issues except the deep forehand cross court slice. Need to hit it with more force and aim more to the middle to keep it in. Friday is also a training session and I will also play a few games afterwards. Today was only training.

s_mair and what07 like this.
  5. Barkov Maxim

Barkov Maxim Regular Member

Hi,
    I tried to use N58 on the tectonic 7 and 11.5x12.5kg.
    Initial experience was positive, The string is soft and repulsive. Very good for slice shots and decent smash.
    After 2 weeks I stop to use it. I realize that my stability is significantly worse compare to taan mage string (close to N65, but mage softer in feeling). I used same racket and string tension.

6. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    So to summerize my first 3 sessions with N63:

Overheads are a real joy with this string. Drop shots are very sharp, smash has good power, clears are effortless and even in the late backhand it gets you out of the jail with ease. Especially the sound on a full smash is an eargasm.

Also good lifts and drives are very easy to perform. The first mentioned accuracy problem was not related to the string, it was me and beeing for a weeks off the courts. Especially in lifts, high serves and punch clears you need to hold you a little bit back, otherwise it goes long. Very good amount of repulsion, one of the most repulsive strings I tried.

Anything which refers to netplay and return of serve, soft pushs into gaps, deceptions when you intercept in doubles I still struggle to use this string as effective as others, it's too bouncy for my liking and really tough to control the height of netshots in doubles (too high or into the net) and also in singles were you play the netshot as close behind the net as possible I was not able to provoke as much short lifts as usual.

It's so good, that I don't cut it, easy on the arm but if it will replace No.1 I can't tell. This net control is pretty annoying (never made so many mistakes in this area) and I'm often the guy who annoys the opponent with a bunch of net cords.

I struggle a bit to justify to use this string when I can't use it good enough to place the shuttle into gaps with softer pushs which is a significant part of my game to force weak replies or lifts in XD.

what07 likes this.
  7. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Why lower the tension?
    If its to bouncy isnt it would be better to add up abit of lbs?

Eitherway cant wait it available on my stringer to try:D

8. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

There is still the pricing and re-supply issue. N63 still gone from e78 and e1981 and also not available from Li-Ning Scandinavia.

Even if it’s a great string, it’s not worth the 170 EUR per reel.

9. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

They've suddenly disappeared from AliExpress too... I wonder if this is Li-ning changing their marketing practices again or is it a production issue.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

10. Charzi

Charzi New Member

Has anyone tried N61? How does it compare to N65?

11. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

played another session with both rackets and it felt as if we've crossed some sort of break-even point. The freshly strung N65 felt more lively and had a tad better repulsion than the "old" N63. Also interesting that the color seems to be rubbing off slightly from the N63 and it starts showing first signs of fraying around the sweet spot.

And for the record - that fresh N65 just feels amazing as well. Maybe a little less of a wow-effect than the fresh N63 but still dead solid.

12. AdamMorin

AdamMorin Regular Member

So I am a long time No.1 user. I'm on my last 12 packs. Probably last me another 9 months. It's a little tough to get No.1 here in Canada but not impossible. Color selection may be crap but still acquirable.

Would it be safe to say I should pick up N65? By the sounds of this entire thread there are almost identical rather than price?

13. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Impossible to answer that for anyone that isn’t you. My recommendation: Get your hands on 1-2 sets of N65 and test for yourself.

They have a lot in common, but still are slightly different - see @ucantseeme s impressions. These small differences might be right up your alley or go in the wrong direction, and who knows but you?

14. ChickenSoup

ChickenSoup Regular Member

Has anyone tried the N68?

15. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Yes. Please look on page 5+6 you will find 2 reviews. @s_mair s and mine.

ChickenSoup likes this.
  16. Furyan

Furyan Regular Member

Has anyone tried a n65 and Exbolt 65 or 63 hybrid? Or a similar setup?

17. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Why? What would be the sense to combine those very similar strings?

18. ninja801

ninja801 Regular Member

ive tried combo of n65 and aerosonic (i like it, very forgiving combo)

ive tried combo of exbolt 65 and aerosonic (it seems to have a smaller sweet spot, but when hit there it feels good)

19. Ludwik

Ludwik Regular Member

Anyone tried the N69? I've been experimenting with Aerobite Boost for about three months, but it's not really clicking for me. After checking out reviews of the N68 and testing it on my friend's racket, I'm starting to think that strings with a harder feel might not be my thing. Any thoughts or recommendations on the N69?

Sent from my RMX3363 using Tapatalk

20. ChickenSoup

ChickenSoup Regular Member

I usually use EXB65, but I got my racquet strung recently with some N68 @27lbs after some rave reviews from friends. Hated it. Too hard, too much of a dull feeling and the vibration feel through the racquet is massively amplified. I guess hard strings aren't for me.