Victor New Carbosonic?

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by SaxoProf, Feb 13, 2024.

1. SaxoProf

SaxoProf Regular Member

Professor
    Has anyone tried these? Apparently the new Crayon Shinchan is also the New Carbosonic.

Have they finally fixed these? Im still hoping the Mizuno version will finally come to US, as by all accounts it is MUCH closer to feather than anything else has been.

https://ca.victorsport.com/product/106848/new-carbonsonic

2. xZhongCheng

xZhongCheng Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    Curious to know what the difference between these and the Carbonsonic No.1 is.

I tried out the No.1 when it first came out. Honeslty they felt pretty nice for being synthetic, but people I played with said the flight was a bit weird.

They costed as much as feather at the time but didn't last too much longer compared to top end Feather Shuttles.

3. SaxoProf

SaxoProf Regular Member

Professor
    I picked them up and used this for a LONG warm up (about 15 minutes which is a lot more than I usually get for a warmup on court), slices, smashes ( I would gets each of us did about 20-30 smashes). The flight path seemed quite good, the guy I was playing with is MUCH more advanced than I am and he was even impressed. After one missed smash one of the “feathers” did come off the “bone” at one spot. I will see if it is “repairable” but it still flies, but with slight wobble. Honestly even with the wobble the flight path was still very predictable and better than I often see in cheap shuttles.

xZhongCheng likes this.
  4. ywcsam22

ywcsam22 Regular Member

I bought them from China and here is my experience with the shuttle:
    • Each shuttle costs about the same as a Black Aeroplane shuttle
    • The foam "feather" rarely breaks but will split or fall apart overtime causing it to become unstable. Still last about 2x longer than a Black Aeroplane shuttle
    • Tends to fly faster and further than other 77 speed shuttles
    • The carbon fiber stem has more flex than a regular feather stem, need some adjustment on holding the shuttle when serving
    • This is the closest to a feather shuttle you can buy, but it still doesn't feel the same. The sound is loud but the hitting feel is not as crisp. Almost feels like it starts at ~70% of a feather shuttle, and stays relatively the same until it dies
    The problem with this shuttle is not that it is bad, but it is different from what everyone is used to. I ended up just using it as warm up shuttle because everyone seems to prefer to play with feather shuttle.

xZhongCheng, SaxoProf and Cheung like this.