BWF World Tour Finals 2023

Discussion in '2023 Tournaments' started by Cheung, Oct 26, 2023.

1. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

He is always good but to me he doesnt look the same since his comeback. Many finals are one sided affair. Losing to LSF twice probably hurts his mentality a lot. Could have won the 3 biggest titles this year.

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Me too, using Chrome browser. Keep seeing the "Not secure" warning on the web address. I don't think it's the Internet provider's side or bandwidth issue.

I'd suggest the administrator check their server side to see if it has been compromised or something because I don't seem to have any such problems with the other websites and browsers. And I've been scanning my computer for malware.

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

TTY did it again, another come-from-behind victory just when I thought her stamina is going to let her down. Amazing , where did she get her reserves of energy from? And the will-to-win and, not to mention the skills as well, that's her natural talent, to best the Spanish Bull who was looking strong from the get-go.

Heartiest Congratulations to Tai Tzu Ying. Finally, winning a prestigious top tier title, though not exactly a major but sort of and certainly worth capturing, not least for its hefty prize money, the biggest of the year, USD200K, a fat hongbao (red packet) for the New Year and coming Lunar New Year too !

Suilven and pcll99 like this.
  4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I couldn't agree with you more.

Though SYQ's loss is more or less expected by me, still it's a bit disappointing, sad, he didn't put up a better fight after his resounding , stirring victory over VA in the preliminary rounds, by the identical score of 21-19 . I watched that match on livestream and it blew me away.

I guess during the Group Stage , SYQ played with less pressure of the burden of expectation even though on homeground and was in his element. But once he progressed to the final and even top his group, the rising expectations and the accompanying pressure got a bit too much for him; apparently, he failed to play the way he did earlier when he upset VA.

As long as he keeps trying and never gives up, all is not lost. His recent progress since losing to his fellow junior, Li Shifeng, for the Asian Games gold has been encouraging. Besides, he has the talent, no doubt, as for his psychological issues, there's unmistakable signs of improvement . I mean, that he could actually beat VA and advanced to the final here at the WTF to emerge runner-up losing to the redoubtable VA in the rematch is definite proof of what he is capable of - SYQ's potential is still undeniable. Jiayou ! Go for it !

#424 Justin L, Dec 17, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2023
    Suilven, kwun and felipe like this.
  5. LeeRey

LeeRey Regular Member

Sports Analyst
    Next year the this Super Series Final will award the singles champ a cool USD300K! Who says sports cannot make you rich!

keithl and Michael V like this.
  6. LeeRey

LeeRey Regular Member

Sports Analyst
    Seems like everyone wants CM to lose LOL

Suilven, keithl, kwun and 2 others like this.
  7. Justafan90

Justafan90 Regular Member

Idk to be disappointed with SYQ or not, it felt like a complete meltdown against VA, is he tired? He seems fine. He is still behind LSF in world ranking so he might not play MS 1 in thomas cup unless he starts improving soon.